I have dropped a class; how will that effect my financial aid?

Modified on Thu, 29 Feb 2024 at 11:08 AM

Federal regulations require that students receiving Title IV financial assistance must maintain satisfactory academic progress. The Department of Education provide aid based on the assumption that you will attend the entire semester. Dropping before you complete the term can cause you to potentially owe aid back to the Department of Education. The guidelines can be found at this link:  Satisfactory Academic Progress. (link)

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article